Borouge International Scholarship (BIS)
Step forward to an international career!
Encouraging students to go beyond their degree is Borouge's commitment to students that have the ambition to grow and ability to exceed. The Borouge International Scholarship financially and educationally supports high performing students to pursue postgraduate studies (Master or PhD) in polymer sciences and engineering at internationally renowned universities and to establish a career at Borouge.
Composition of the Borouge International Scholarship
- Substantial monetary support for tuition fees and living expenses to study at an internationally renowned university.
- Scholarships are available to outstanding applicants studying now in Asia Pacific and the Indian sub-continent.
- Internships and assignments at a Borouge location during the study.
- Successful candidates will be expected to work for Borouge upon graduation. The tenure will be determined based on the duration and value of the scholarship.
Those eligible to apply for a Borouge International Scholarship will
- Have the interest and capabilities to work at Borouge
- Attain outstanding academic results and continue to demonstrate excellent academic progression throughout the studies
- Pursue a postgraduate in polymer science, chemical engineering, or technical disciplines related to these areas
- Study at internationally renowned universities approved by Borouge
- Get university admittance based on their merit
- File a thesis/PhD research project relevant to Borouge
- Be proficient in English
- Possess strong leadership qualities
Application Period and Submission Details
Applications for Borouge International Scholarship Programme will close on 06 November 2011, 2359Hrs.
- The online application process requires the following:
Download and accomplish the Application Form here;
Submit s copies of identification documents/passport, recent passport size photo and up-to-date educational certificates;
Submit a write-up of no more than 500 words each:
State how this course of study will help you, the community or the society
Provide a write-up of your proposed thesis/PhD research project and its relevance to Borouge;
All documents mentioned above must be submitted before application closes via this link
- Original copies of school admission documents once ready.
- Only successful candidates will be notified. You will be called up for an interview if you have been shortlisted.
- Funding decisions will be made prior to the start of the academic year.