Develop marketing plans and implement marketing strategy for the targeted market regions and applications to maximise profits at application level:
- Work closely with Marketing Managers to define marketing strategy and seek inputs from other functions
- Support the set-up, roll-out and implementation of the marketing plans, track progress and follow up on corrective actions when necessary
- Provide inputs on marketing centre plans for the subsection of the application area
- Define, prioritize and select market opportunities through thorough understanding of the value chain, strengths and weakness of products and one’s competitive position
- Develop action plans for specific customers and end users to implement marketing strategy
- Lead in customer and application project portfolio and oversee the implementation
- Prioritize, select and develop new opportunities
- Define the marketing mix
- Define and implement marketing communication initiatives and contents
Develop Products to Improve & Differentiate Them so as to Meet the Needs of the Market and Customer Better
- Initiate the development of differentiated products or product improvements based upon defined customer and market needs and work closely with relevant departments to develop products.
- Co-ordinate and support product development and R&D during the different stages of a project to ensure aliment and fit between market and customer
- Identify patent opportunities
- Secure long term business value through patenting and joint customer project contracts
- Manage assigned innovation projects in a project manager role
Implement Systems and Processes to Ensure Quality and Efficiency
- Run and maintain operational readiness of systems and processes to ensure products and services adhere to defined quality standard
- Identify and propose improvements to systems and processes to achieve improved quality and efficiency
Support technical aspects of application development with relevant knowledge and analyses
- Continuously build knowledge, keeping up-to-date on the technical or procedural aspects of the job.
- Assist in identifying, proposing and pursuing options for optimization of products and achieving cost efficiencies through conducting advanced analyses and product studies.
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of technical solutions, processes and practices taking into account ‘international best practice’, improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
- Lead or participate in the definition and execution of Borouge new product or application development program involving in new materials and process qualification, new product plant trials, machinery manufacturer engagement and commercialization.
- Understand product features and be able to turn that into value propositions and benefits to assist in value selling training of sales team.
- Support Sales function by introducing existing products to customers/partners.
- Deliver value-added, product benefits information to customers.
- Communicate effectively with customers/partners to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions.Resolve customers' technical problems related to processing and/or application and support product trials at customers’ premise.
Internal Communications & Working Relationships
- Participate as proactive member in meetings with other departments (like R&D and manufacturing) to ensure the right customer fit and appropriate product mix
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to gather inputs and suggestions on the overall marketing strategy for the application
External Communications & Working Relationships
- Maintain frequent contact with key customers to understand current and future market and customer requirement
- Develop liaisons with key players in the value chain
- Develop liaisons with relevant industry organizations to gather information, improve image of Borouge and influence industry’s future direction