Reporting to the Manager, Energy Management, the job holder is responsible to support the Energy Management ‘concepts, framework, and knowledge among all Borouge functions and employees in all regions, to ensure proper practices and desired awareness in line with Energy Management System.
This role includes developing, designing, updating, and advising on the Energy Management System, and practices to support the energy performance for all company assets, operations and facilities line with ADNOC Code of Practice (COP), Energy Certification (i.e. ISO 50001) and relevant local and international standards, regulations and best practices.
- Monitor plant operations on daily basis with focus on energy performance by calculating Energy Intensity Index, unit specific energy consumption, steam balance, flare and fuel gas balance and other relevant metrics.
- Work closely with Operations, Maintenance, OPEX, HSE and Sustainability team to identify, promote and develop energy conservation opportunities.
- Work as energy auditor to systematically identify energy performance gaps in the daily operations as well as internal auditor for the Energy Management System.
- Take ownership in ensuring periodic audits of steam system, furnace and boiler performance audits, Insulation effectiveness surveys, Instrument air, Nitrogen and Vacuum leak surveys and other such audits.
- Work closely with the Energy Manager and Energy Team Members to implement the energy management system
- Considers site wide energy synergies with existing assets;
- Participates to small scale energy related project and applies Best Available Techniques (BAT) and good practices to new developments.
- Develops and maintains Borouge’s Energy Management Information System, Energy Model’s and Energy Reports.