In close co-operation with U&O Operations and the Plant Availability Team, participates in planning and scheduling of routine breakdown and preventive maintenance work and programs. Participates in co-ordination and supervision of planned maintenance and commissioning activities. Prepares and approves work orders to the PA Team. Prepares instructions and plans (SOP's) for defined maintenance activities. Participates in T/A planning.
Monitors performance of equipment and process units and suggests improvements to enhance plant reliability and profitability.
Focal point for coordination with Shift managers and Production Engineers of B1/B2/B3 Plants & other OPCO’s regarding ethane/propane/propylene feed stock, product and utilities. Participates in site integration meetings and tests runs related to plant operations.
- Prepares and approves work orders based on approved notifications. Together with the Shift Supervisor and concerned Operations Manager set priorities to the work orders.
- Participates in all aspects of maintenance planning implementation and follow-up in close cooperation with the Operations team and Plant Availability. Participates in daily, weekly and other planning meetings regarding maintenance. Follow-up work order backlogs and make job prioritization.
- Prepares instructions and plans (SOP's and EOP’s) to isolate and prepare equipment and/or process units for maintenance activities
- Participates in planning for U&O unit maintenance T/A shutdowns.
- For planned maintenance activities prepares work permits for hot, cold, vehicle and vessel entry work and coordinating with Safety & Fire Department in relation to these permits.
- Follow-up run length and performance for critical equipment like, boilers, ASU, air production units, polishing & condensate units, heat exchangers, pumps, heaters, compressors, turbines etc, and plan for their maintenance change over.
- Monitors performance, water balance and energy use of equipment and process units and initiate and follow-up changes for improved plant reliability/operability/maintainability.
- Monitors equipment criticality rating data and update together with Plant Availability as necessary.
- Substitutes for team leader as assigned.
- Is responsible for initialization of yearly testing of different kind of hoses, tools and other special equipment within U&O operations area of responsibility.
- Follow-up backlog of HSE related work requests associated with shift HSE tours, audits, OIC checks
- Assists in training of Operators and developee(s) to safety and efficiently perform their work assignments.
- Provide inputs to site controlling on plant mass balance and flaring accounting.
- Provide inputs for updating of Lab schedules and specification to meet operation and plant excellence programs if any.
- Proactive team engagement (HSE campaign, communication pack, process upset drills, emergency drills etc.
- Provide inputs to maintain plant parameters to maximize energy optimization, ensure RTO&APC control in the plant are running effectively for the respective responsible section, implement action points from energy report into operational parameters to related sections of the plant.