The jobholder is responsible to lead the respective asset’s techno-commercial aspects, knowledge and updates to support the return on the capital investment for Borouge Assets.
As a Technical Authority, provide with expert services to advise and lead the value creation and asset business development to improve the Return on capital employed (ROCE) for the respective assets and plants to the products and technology outputs; cost, quality and efficiency, through cooperation among different functions. While contributing towards enhancing the product feasibility and support the technical interface among strategy, business, innovation, technical and operation teams.
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of asset development strategies based on new product introduction schedule, in line with the management directions.
- Overview the production costs, and initiate cost improvement projects based on studies and benchmark studies.
- Communicate with licensors of new technologies to identify new opportunities for asset development.
- Recommend on introducing and exploring the new types of technologies, features, processes and workflows that improve efficiency, quality and costs.
- Identify the value creation for the new projects; i.e. new processes, technologies, synergies among the plants; i.e. Borouge 1, Borouge 2, Borouge 3, etc. to optimize the company resources.
- Develop business cases to evaluate investments and divestments for assets developments.
- Lead pre-studies and feasibility studies required to identify future business opportunities.
- Recommend on process technology selection, feasibility studies, market studies and cost estimation for General Engineering Services (outsourcing).
- Align the major test runs (outside of the operating window) for product development projects between the Innovation Centre and Business with Operations and Technical Teams.
- Coordinate technical initiatives and updates with technical and operations teams that contributes to reduction of non-prime materials.
- Advice on the quality improvement proposals for the upcoming investment derived from business cases to ensure delivery of products with right quality and cost on time.
- Communicate and coordinate for high value products in line with updates from Innovation Centre, in preparation for the technical changes.
- Explore opportunities to produce and sell intermediate products and chemicals that can be commercially feasible to the company.
- Cooperate in leveraging of premium products with operations team, in order to address the value and importance of different type and quality of products.