Borouge's Maintenance Organization is called "Plant Availability (PA) Function" and responsible for the efficient maintenance and ensure the availability for smooth operations of the plants in Ruwais. PA has evolved over the years to become a high quality maintenance service provider for the whole of the Borouge's complex. The function consists of five departments; Maintenance Execution Polyolefins, Maintenance Execution Olefins, Maintenance Execution Infrastructure, Maintenance Strategy and Services. The three first ones are essential to carry out the routine daily maintenance jobs in the plants, while the others are supporting those activities. The prime function of the function is to provide high quality service to the operational units in order to achieve and maintain high levels of safe, reliable and continuous production.
Reporting to the Mechanical Team Leader, you will be part of the maintenance execution team and will be responsible for:
- Develop / improve predictive, preventive and major maintenance programs for High Pressure mechanical equipment in the plant.
- Provide technical support to supervisors and technicians to carry out complex troubleshooting of plant problems, recommending corrective actions, modifications or refurbishments.
- Ensure that all maintenance support services are provided in accordance with internationally recognized engineering standards.
- Prepare procedures for critical equipment maintenance jobs.
- Review requirements for mechanical materials, spare parts and equipment, advise on stock levels and material descriptions, and provide suggestions for alternatives or interchangeability of parts and inspection of expensive/critical items.
- Provide field support for work execution of critical equipments. This may include reviewing contractors' regular reports, assessing their performance and providing advice as necessary. Take part in the coordination meetings with Operations for the follow up of critical equipment.
- Prepare capital and operating budgets by identifying specific items to be included in budget submission. Technically evaluates bids related to direct capital and operating budget purchase requisitions.