BOR2141 - Demand Planner
Borouge Sales and Marketing (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
Regional Supply Chain
Supply Chain Management
China - Shanghai
Full Time (China Only)
About the Job
The Demand Planner executes the short term demand planning steps and demand control process for the grade portfolio attributed to him/her according to the business strategies in order to maximise profit and customer service. This role needs to work in close alignment with the Demand Manager due to the high impact on working capital and business performance.
- Demand Planning
- Execute the rolling short/mid-term related demand planning steps (M01-M12) by using the Sales and Operational Planning process input and applying the business strategies targeting maximum profit and customer service (by also taking the logistical cost picture into account).
- Demand Control
- Drives the demand control process and respond to any new customer request for extra demand.
- Allocate and re-allocate volumes targeting maximisation of profit and customer service.
- Proactively safeguard the customers agreed product availability by maintaining frequent contact with the Supply/Replenishment/Hub Team, Customer Service and Sales/Market Center Organisation.
- Act as trouble shooter in case of supply/demand disruptions for the short term.
- Active order follow-up during month 0. Define gap closing. Advise/follow-up corrective actions in co-operation with Demand Manager.
- Participate ad hoc in demand management projects
- Act as back-up for other demand planner(s) when needed.
- Participate in Key sales/Market Center workshops
- Analyse demand forecasting KPI’s and propose corrective actions.
- Take an active role in educating new demand planner(s) and sales managers regarding to demand planning process.
4 – 6 years of relevant work experience (commercial/demand & supply planning/production planning/logistics)
Good communication/networking skills
Knowledge of the order to cash process and concepts, commercial and logistics offerings and service level guidelines
Familiar with Sales and Operational Planning processes