The primary responsibilities of this role, as Engineer, I-C Maintenance (DCS) is analyzing operation issues and Design & Configuration of the DCS changes related to logics, graphics, hardware's, other system interfaces with DCS like F&G, Analyzers and Historian systems to ensure smooth operation across all Borouge Plants. Diagnosing & Troubleshooting of the faults related to DCS operator stations, servers, controllers & I/O's. Assisting operations for root cause analysis during unexpected plant disturbance and designing logics to rectify automation related issues. Providing round the clock support to ensure smooth running of plants for logic and system related issues by on-call after hours. Co-coordinating with external engineers (RSI), EPC's and system vendors for major plant modifications or additions to ensure avoiding disturbance to running plants Ensuring DCS system security from external threats by updating required software updates and patches without disturbance to plant operations. Upgrading and replacing the Hardware and software's for obsolete DCS system in-house without operational disturbance and minimal vendor support. Daily monitoring of the system healthiness and discussions with process engineers for plant modifications related to process & Plant Automation. Taking regular System backup and restoring the DCS system during stations or server failures.
Reporting to Section, Control & Automation, you will be part of the EPT/Automation team and will be responsible for:
Equipment Maintenance / Modification / Installation:
- Operational issues related to automation systems are attended swiftly by proposing and implementing logic/graphic/hardware/interface modifications without causing plant disturbance.
- Less downtime of the plant because of DCS system or logic issues.
- Keeping the DCS system secure by regularly updating and upgrading the software and hardware.
- Promptly attending automation issues during on-call 24/7 on rotational basis.
- Review system status, diagnostic logs and troubleshoot system issues.
- Act as DCS system focal point to ensure projects implemented by external contractors are in compliance with Borouge requirements by proper testing.
- Suggests modifications for existing setup or the installation of new equipment for the improvement and modernization of the DCS system infrastructure.
Planning / Monitoring:
- Reviews requirements for new equipment or major repairs, evaluates existing as well as new proposals and makes recommendations to the section head
- Perform obsolescence planning for upkeep of the entire system including hardware & software.
- Ensuring operations and maintenance targets of DCS infrastructure are met.
- Preparation of purchase requests.
- Administer software contracts with various OEM's to obtain timely support for all the systems.
- Assist other engineers in solving technical issues.