Business Partnering & HR Tactics Deployment
- Act as strategic business partner with functional leaders in Asia South, contribute to the formulation of short and long term strategic HR objectives and HR management philosophy
- Translate the strategy into effective HR policy and programs once endorsed by HR&A AP VP
- Direct Regional HR function in Asia South to design and implement strategic human capital action plans in terms of change management and business improvement activities by partnering with business leaders
- Prepare and review HR proposals for HR Remuneration Committee, support HR related documentations for escalation, approval and discussion
- Serve as internal consultant to company management team and employees on issues that affect performance and business relationships
Risk Management & HR Service
- Ensure the HR employment and service activities in the organisation is complying with relevant legal and external requirements that allow Borouge to run the business without interruption
- Service as internal consultant to leadership team, managers and employees on employment related issue that affect performance and business relationships
- Direct HR function to establish and develop standard HR operating Procedures to ensure high quality, Compliance with Borouge policy and consistent HR service/practices are provided to business
- Responsible for Asia Pacific HR relevant risk management and respective mitigation actions in line with operational/compliance requirement.
HR Strategy Formation & Implementation
- Contribute in the formulation of Human Resources & Administration (HR & A) strategies and objectives to ensure Borouge’s local business needs and challenges are met
- Implement HR & A strategy, objectives and processes in the local offices and ensure there is alignment with the “one company approach”
- Act as a change agent by promoting change initiatives that improve the effectiveness of Group and local performance, including HR & A
- Ensure the organisation is complying with relevant legal and external requirements that allow Borouge to run its activities without interruption
- Network with HR & A from other regions and external contacts to be alert to relevant developments and identify best practice solutions to local issues
- Discuss local level issues with local unions/work council to maintain positive employee relations
- Represent Borouge towards stakeholders (authorities, customers, media, community, associations etc.) building a good reputation for Borouge
- Act as a member of the local management team advising the local manager and team on people issues to improve local performance
HR Operations & Delivery
- Manage and oversee Asia South HR operations using existing resources to ensure effective implementation of HR policies, procedures and systems to achieve maximum efficiency and effectiveness in HR operations in the following areas:
- Post recruitment including COPE orientation to new employees on organizational work culture, policies and procedures
- Expatriate and payroll administration to ensure seamless, prompt/accurate administration and payment of salaries
- Employee relations for a positive work environment including implementation and utilization of HR internal SAP system to meet reporting needs
- Talent management to provide timely and quality services to support talent management activities in the region
- Reward administrative Support on promotions and salary adjustments requirements
- Plan the aims, objectives and priorities of the HR works
- Manage and monitor AS Regional HR team budgets, deploy resources to achieve objectives
- Provide clear guidance and instruction
- Coach, mentor and develop team members to achieve high performance
Internal Communications & Working Relationships
- Executive Team Leaders: Engage regular basis to discuss on new HR initiatives.
- Regional HRs (Asia North): Engage on daily basis to understand operational challenges and discuss on consistent solution/treatment realated to C&B and ensure one standatred HR practise applied by both regions.
- Line Managers: Engage daily basis to understand needs and identify areas for HR/C&B development.
- Human Capabilities Team: Engage as and when required to share, discuss and collaborate action plans and status.
- Borouge PTE Regional Network: Engage with Borealis and other HR associates when required to share and benchmark best practices.
External Communications & Working Relationships
Interact as and when required to understand regulatory requirements and its impact to HR operations
- Consultants and Service Vendors
Engage monthly to keep abreast on trends and industry changes
Establish and maintain good collaborative partnerships for delivery of quality HR service
Engage when required to understand industrial trends and changes
- External networks groups in the Chemical Industry