This position is required to provide full support for all activities in the Corporate Governance (CG) function in Abu Dhabi, by acting as the key point of contact between the GC team in Singapore and the business in Abu Dhabi.
This position is also required to support the SVP of Corporate Governance on day-to-day activities, including but not limited to developing presentations and materials, and following up on required actions.
- Act as the point of contact for the Compliance team in Singapore, and assist in the management of Compliance-related activities in Abu Dhabi (e.g. Non-completers of mandatory eLearning modules, Internal Controls Framework (ICF) Follow-Up Actions Chasers, G&E and COI Declaration responses, etc.)
Corporate Governance & International Subsidiaries
- Provide support to the Principal Specialist, International Subsidiary Governance in Singapore, including maintaining and archiving all records relating to the set-up and management of MEA&A subsidiaries;
- Manage and support the International Tax Team in Singapore in liaising common guidelines for tax-related activities by MEA&A subsidiaries, reviewing the business model, and assessing current set-up of MEA&A subsidiaries to ensure tax-beneficial terms and requirements as needed;
- Support the monitoring of overall activities of MEA&A subsidiaries to ensure proper governance, and escalate any compliance issues to SVP Corporate Governance as required;
- Manage and support Legal team in any pending legal cases for MEA&A subsidiaries, such as documentation and completion of court documents or follow-up with external law firms as needed;
- Assist in the translation of documents from Arabic to English as required; and
- Work constructively with the Legal and International Tax team to support and manage the Board set up in new MEA&A subsidiaries; facilitate implementing Board resolutions with respect to MEA&A subsidiaries, and maintaining accurate organization chart of MEA&A subsidiaries.
- Act as the custodian of all relevant documentation and paperwork relating to internal Committees (e.g. mandates, membership lists, agenda and meeting minutes, etc.);
- Review membership requirements and nominations for committees before seeking approval from SVP Corporate Governance;
- Identify a point of contact for each committee, and update committees and membership lists as required;
- Track and monitor status of action items arising from the meetings with the assigned owner, and escalate any delays to committee chair as required; and
- Provide assistance and support in the conduction and preparation of the annual Compliance reviews for all committees in scope.
SVP Corporate Governance Support
- Provide support to SVP, Corporate Governance on day-to-day activities as required, including but not limited to arranging travel for SVP, managing an active calendar of appointments/meetings, completing financial expense reports, composing and preparing correspondence, creating of presentations as required, etc.;
- Support the conduct of seminars, workshops, and trainings, as organized by the Governance team and Talent team; and
- Follow-up on all activities as required, including but not limited to: monitoring Audit actions/findings, procurement process for corporate governance projects, recruitment, induction of new employees (IT access, equipment & stationary) etc.