Borouge's Maintenance Organization is called "Plant Availability (PA) Function" and responsible for the efficient maintenance and ensure the availability for smooth operations of the plants in Ruwais. It consists of five departments- Maintenance Execution Polyolefins, Maintenance Execution Olefins, Maintenance Execution Infrastructure, Maintenance Strategy and Services. The three first ones are essential to carry out the routine daily maintenance jobs in the plants, while the others are supporting those activities.
Reporting to the Team Leader, you will be part of the maintenance execution team and will be responsible on:
- Provides daily support to users of all system of Advanced Process Control Application (APC) based on daily requests received. Discusses major modifications requirements with Team Leader and implements minor modifications directly after approval. Participates in the configuration of graphics, reports, database and real-time computer systems.
- Monitors APC and computer system performance and proposes modifications/ enhancement and tuning to the hardware, operating systems and communication systems to improve system efficiency and performance.
- Liaises and discusses with Process Engineers and supervisors modifications related to Process and Plant Automation, such as material balance, fuel balance, advanced control, and proposes solutions as appropriate.
- Participates in the commissioning and acceptance testing of newly installed APC and Applications. Tests new releases of systems and application software. Coordinates with Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) engineers on common issues.
- Participates with maintenance personnel in diagnosing APC and computer systems faults, providing solutions as required.