Borouge will bring on stream an additional 2.5 million t/y of polyolefins under its Borouge 3 initiative, the next phase of its expansion plans manufacturing capacity. In addition to enhancing its Borstar® technology-based polypropylene and polyethylene offer, this major expansion to be completed at the end of 2013 will include the production of low density polyethylene (LDPE) production capacity to meet the specific needs of the rapidly growing wire and cable infrastructure market and to compliment Borealis' current investment in 350,000 t\y of LDPE capacity in Sweden.
Reporting to the Supervisor, you will be part of the Production team and will be responsible for:
Carrying out regular and detailed inspection of all machinery and equipment used in operations as well as fixed equipment such as towers, vessels and heat exchangers to ensure the accurate and proper functioning of each item independently and in synchronisation with other equipment and plant.
- Adjusting manually or assists others in adjusting a variety of valves and switches governing rates of flow and levels of pressure, temperature and chemical to ensure the correct output of specified products.
- Carrying out independently as directed various routine adjustments, co-operates with Maintenance and advises control room immediately of anomalies or difficulties in operations. Liaises with other operators at start and end of shift, noting or advising of units requiring special attention.
- Taking periodic log readings from indicators and gauges or instruments located on equipment in the operating area. Records and advises Senior Operator of apparent deviations from specified operating conditions and makes minor routine adjustments as required.
- Assisting in shutdown and start-up operations by adjusting and monitoring the alterations of speeds, temperatures, pressures and flow rates as necessary.
- Ensure that chemicals to be used in his respective area are of the correct type, adds various chemicals, prepare solutions, adjusts and monitors dosing rates as specified.
- Carrying out sampling and required laboratory analysis on various streams and reports results to his supervisor for corrective action as deemed necessary.
- Carrying out the decommissioning and commissioning of various equipment of plant for maintenance activities; follows up on maintenance work in his area to ensure that jobs are progressing safely and work permit conditions are being adhered to. Measures and monitors flammable gases and working environment according to shift supervisor instructions. Carries out relevant maintenance work as/when instructed.
- Attending the departmental safety, health and good housekeeping meetings, participates in plant inspection tours and takes active participation in implementing Company policies on safety, health, loss prevention and quality management.
Observing all safety, fire and security rules and regulations, including the use of protective clothing and equipment and ensures that all personnel working in his area comply with safety procedures. Ensures the maintenance of assigned area in clean and tidy conditions.