BOR1432 - QC Lab Technician
Borouge Compounding (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
Compounding Manufacturing Plant
Innovation, Research & Product Development
China - Shanghai
Full Time (China Only)
About the Job
Perform routine tests according to standard known procedures and develop non routine analysis and perform special studies under supervision of Lab manager or compounding Development Leader, taking responsibility for ensuring quality of operational activities undertaken within own area. Perform extended QC tests to support PP compounding plant production and the product development program.
- Understand in details the operation of specific relevant equipments and the impact of testing parameters on the end results.
- Understand the specifics of the colouring measuring device, apply and maintain best operating practise
- Assist in setting up, review and updating quality control procedures which ensure meeting customer requirements and plant efficiency.
- Responsible for the achievement of HSE&Q performance targets focusing on continuous improvements in this area.
- Plan and execute independently a range of tasks/activities to deliver on time in order to contribute to meet targets
- Validate laboratory results in the appropriate Data management system supporting the plant operations and the Bu mobility.
- Accountable for repair, maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment and ordering of spare parts.
- Perform round robin tests to keep accurate analytical performance.
- Responsible for housekeeping and waste handling in their section
- Participate in the start up and commissioning of new equipments.
- React promptly to specific operational problems seeking advices or referring the issue to an appropriate team member where necessary in order to guarantee the continuity of the operations.
- Keep trouble shooting records of all the instruments
- College degree, preferential Poly-technical college degree in Chemistry, Polymer science or a related discipline
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in the field.
- Good knowledge of plastic markets and applications
- Advanced knowledge of plastic processing, testing and analytical techniques
- Advanced knowledge of scientific methods and tools
- Proven experience in relationship / scientific network building
- Planning, prioritisation, communication (oral & written), presentation, accuracy, coaching and feedback.
- Good communication in English (reading, writing, speaking)
- Good IT skills
- Good commercial understanding and interest in business value