BOR1451 - Demand Planner
Borouge Sales and Marketing (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
Supply Chain Management
Supply Chain Management
China - Shanghai
Full Time (China Only)
About the Job
The Demand Planner executes the short term demand planning steps and demand control process for the grade portfolio attributed to him/her according to the Business Unit strategies in order to maximise profit and customer service. This role needs to work in close alignment with the Demand Manager due to the high impact on working capital and business performance.
Execute the short term (month 1 and 2) related demand planning steps (SABU/APSA) by using the Sales and Operational Planning process input and applying the Business Unit strategies targeting maximum profit and customer service (by also taking the logistical cost picture into account)..
Drives the demand control process and respond to any new customer request for extra demand.
Allocate and re-allocate volumes targeting maximisation of profit and customer service.
Proactively safeguard the customers agreed product availability by maintaining frequent contact with the Supply Team, Customer Service and Sales Organisation.
Act as trouble shooter in case of supply/demand disruptions for the sort term.
Active order follow-up during month 0. Define gap closing. Advise/follow-up corrective actions towards BU in co-operation with Demand Manager.
Participate ad hoc in demand management projects
Act as back-up for other demand planner(s) when needed.
Participate in Key Customer workshops (internal/external)
Assist in customer claims and participate in defining corrective actions in order to prevent re-occurrence
Analyse demand forecasting KPI’s and propose corrective actions.
Take an active role in educating new demand planner(s).
· Minimum Bachelor degree in business/economics/commercial environment or equivalent
· Mastery of English at business level
· Good computer skills
· Analytical mindset
· Problem solver
· 4 – 6 years of relevant work experience (commercial/logistics/business administration)
· Good communication/networking skills
· Knowledge of the order to cash process and concepts, commercial and logistics offerings and service level guidelines
· Familiar with Sales and Operational Planning processes
· Knowledge of the relevant Borouge/Borealis Polyolefin product range and applications
· Knowledge of the BU strategies and customer priorities
· Act as intermediary between Supply Chain/Business Unit organisation
· Open and clear communicator