BOR1481 - Customer Service Officer
Borouge Sales and Marketing (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
Supply Chain Management
Supply Chain Management
China - Shanghai
Full Time (China Only)
About the Job
Performs a variety of duties to support the customer service functions such as receive and process customer orders, inquiries and/or complaints covering items or products ordered and support customers through specialized knowledge in sales areas and applications. Responsible for performing a variety of duties to support the customer service function of a community office; coordinating work within the department, as well as with other departments; reporting pertinent information to the immediate supervisor; responding to inquiries or requests for information. Responds to inquiries relating to his/her particular area or to requests from customers, within given time frames and within established policy.
- Leading and executing the Order To Cash process.
- Completes the documentation and performs point-of-sale processing on all types of new accounts, e.g., LC, CIA, TT and others.
- Provides support to office customer service personnel engaged in establishing quantitative customer service and sales objectives on an annual basis as warranted; this activity to be integrated with the Business unite annual marketing/sales plan.
- Provides assistance, as requested, to office customer service personnel involved in soliciting new business from present and prospective customers; maintains ongoing business relationships with present customers in order to take advantage of additional cross-selling opportunities.
- Provides customer service information on a timely basis in order that this information may be included as part of monthly and year-to-date performance reports.
- Serves as a member of the business unit sales team.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the product and technologies of all Borouge products and services in order to ascertain customer needs and to participate in selling in conjunction with these needs.
- Interview customers to determine and analyze their financial needs.
- Provides direct service to customers with respect to products and services; supplies pertinent information on other products and services, as needed.
- Assists customers in obtaining specialized services from other company departments as necessary; provides help to customers with specific inquiries or service problems.
- Maintains an awareness of new business opportunities with customers; actively refers customers to appropriate customer service personnel as warranted when these opportunities are available.
- Assists with job training, including mentoring and coaching customer service staff as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Handle administration in SAP, maintain customer master data in SAP and time to time updates.
- Maintain material info records and planning records in SAP.
- Record and process orders and/or inquiries received and ensure invoices are provided to customers on time.
- Credit related functions- check credit within established limits and confirm orders request for release.
- Check pricing availability and schedule information within established guide lines.
- Review long term purchase orders and contracts for staggered shipments and maintain order flow appropriately.
- Research and obtain resolution of a variety of customer complaints and issues.
- Update customer file to ensure latest commercial information on hand.
- To review letters of credit and mitigate the risk and reduce the financial costs associated to LC operations.
- Issue legal (documents from Chamber of Commerce and Ministry of Economy) and commercial documents and invoices for delivery to customer.
- To perform analytical and sound credit assessment, recommend or approve credit applicants within policy guidelines.
- Ensure that proper documentation and filing comply with policy and legal requirements.
- To compile, monitor and reduce financial charges related to trade operations.
- Shipments operations.
- Coordinate with supply chain, shipping companies and service providers for timely execution of the order to cash flow.
- Maintain criteria for shipment thereby assessing shipments costs involved.
- Planning and prioritizing delivery and shipments.
- Update shipment costs in SAP.
- Co-ordinate with inspection companies for pre-shipment inspections on shipment.
- Arrange sample deliveries/shipment via sea (LCL) / by air / by road to pre-marketing and regular customers.
- Handle land transport orders rendering service to customer in neighboring countries. Liaise with forwarders for movement of trucks carrying Borouge goods across the country. Prepare legal and commercial documents related to land transport orders.
- Proactively identify, propose and implement improvements to systems and processes in order to achieve quality and efficiency gains.
- Ensure customer service is delivered according to guidelines and agreed KPIs in order to improve commercial position.
- Register complaints and assure prompt response to any customer request.
- Follow-up payment behavior of the customer and inform Sales Managers to ensure on-time payment.
- Attend the operational related logistic issues arising from customers, from hubs and the shipping / transport companies.
- Regular follow-up on status of material availability/lifting of ATP’s / shipment arranging and dispatching/shipping documents / approving the draft prior to final print etc.
- Arranging shipment for NEA/SEA order from UAE gateway.
- Performing stock transfer order to replenish stock at NEA/SEA hubs & update PSA system.
- Completing delivery/shipment/shipment cost for NEA/SEA hub’s originated orders.
- Attend to customer claims, registration of claims and follow-up on investigation and issuance of credit/debit notes to customers.
- Work on Borealis orders shipments from Borealis Europe, liaise with export team in Borealis for shipments of their orders, upload shipping instruction data, compile and prepare export shipping documents.
- Archiving of order files according to ADNOC policies and principles.
- Regular and timely correspondence with customer/sales managers updating them on order status and all operations concerned in the OTC flow.
- Lead the B2 function which include monomer sales, rebate assignments, consignment stock, ZAPO orders and return orders.
Minimum requirements Diploma degree up to Bachlore Degree
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Basic knowledge of Borouge products and applications.
- Basic knowledge of supply chain function.
- Good knowledge of Borouge’s product range.
- Good knowledge of supply chain operational procedures and functions.
- Excellent computer skills preferably with ISDL certificates.
- Good planner and scheduler.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Ability to report and document findings.
- Ability to use SAP.
- Proficient in use of standard office software.