To aim for the new projects/facilities and continuous improvement in the maintenance of the electrical/instrumentation field in a systematic and methodical way. Direct, supervises and provides specialized technical guidance and support on the installation, maintenance, repair, trouble-shooting and modification activities in this area.Support maintenance manager for overall maintenance and project management.
Prepares statement of requirements for new projects.
· Key role in organizing safe commissioning and start up of plant equipment.
· Prepares maintenance technical manuals and procedures to start the plant in a safe and cost-effective manner.
· Prepares detailed equipment checklists for routine maintenance and the estimation of detailed manpower and skill requirement, follows up on work progress and advises on spare parts replacement, refurbishment etc.
· Develops monitoring programmes for major electrical /instrumentation items, including operational guidance on equipment observations and failures analysis. Uses this information to analyse equipment failures and advise on remedial measures.
· Discusses work orders with initiators and technical staff and recommends best method of resolving the problem. For more complex faults, personally handles diagnosis and repair of equipment.
· Supervises the work of engineering contractors to ensure that they are in accordance with the scope of work. Approves drawings, specifications and other technical documents for all types of projects incorporating the comments and requirements of the operating centre.
· Manage the day-to-day maintenance of the all installations in respective discipline.
· Responsible for the achievement of HSE&Q performance targets focusing on continuous improvements in this area.
· Establish, propose for approval and follow up fixed costs and investment budget for respective area
· Set up and manage an appropriate Data management system supporting the plant maintenance activities in the respective discipline.
· Deliver technical monthly report for respective discipline.