BOR2384 - Senior / Internal Auditor
Borouge Pte Ltd (Singapore)
Corporate Audit & Assurance
Compliance, Audit & Assurance
Full Time / Permanent
About the Job
Reporting to the Internal Audit Department Manager, you will execute assigned areas of internal audit plan for Borouge in order to ensure that internal control system for integrity and reliability of financial, operational and information technology is implemented and working efficiently and effectively. You will also make effective recommendations for corrective / preventive actions as required, working with high ethical standards.
- Participates in the development of Annual Audit Plan (AAP) based on the results of risk assessment exercise.
- Reviews Functions / Departments and associated activities, in assigned areas, to determine the nature of the operations and the adequacy of the system of controls to achieve established objectives including the efficiency with which resources are employed and to identify improvement areas in profitability and / or cost-effectiveness.
- Determines auditing procedures to be applied, including the use of Information Systems Audit Techniques, statistical sampling method or others.
- Identifies high risk areas and key control points of the system to be reviewed.
- Supervises audits in accordance with the approved RACM and professional standards on internal auditing.
- Prepares working papers, which record and summarize data on the assigned audit segment and the results of the audit.
- Ensures that approved audit objectives have been met with adequate coverage of all relevant areas. Also ensures that sufficient appropriate audit evidence is obtained to support the conclusion and recommendations, and that the work has been performed in accordance with professional audit standards.
- Recommends improvements in management controls designed to mitigate business risks, safeguard company assets and contribute to growth and improve profitability/ economies.
- Prepares audit report with conclusion, expressing professional opinions on the adequacy and effectiveness of risk management, control systems and the efficiency with which activities are carried out. Recommends improvement options to rectify reported deficiencies, for Team Leader / Department Manager’s review.
- Performs ad-hoc and special reviews and administrative duties as directed by the Management.
Bachelor’s Degree as a minimum in relevant discipline. Professional Qualification is preferred (i.e. ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIA or CISA).
6 to 8 years of relevant experience preferably in oil and gas or petrochemical industries or international audit firms.
Strong auditing skills in reviewing deficiencies and persuasion in recommending corrective actions. High level of proficiency in English; working knowledge of Arabic desirable.