• Perform 2nd line support for complex incidents, requests and problems of network and telecom areas via remote support. Needs to also provide 1st line of support as well as support in those areas as directed by the manager.
Problem & Supplier Relationship Management
• Fix problems reported for IT network and telecom systems from the client support team by performing root cause analysis thereby providing a permanent solution.
• Co-ordinate with registered 3rd party suppliers for the timely resolution of complex incidents and problems reported by 1st line of support.
• Liaise effectively with customers to ensure service meets required standards and expectations and all user related incidents and problems are addressed rightly.
• Examine the likelihood of possible security risks that can hamper Borouge systems and formulate appropriate remedial action to the chances of these risks
• Effective management of contracts, purchase requisitions and its related processes by ensuring that the required budget has been approved by the IT management and thereby follow-ups its optimal utilization during project implementation
Change & Configuration Management
• Perform the installation of network and telecom systems and their timely upgrades to ensure that the database systems are configured as per industry standards.
• Draft and subsequently maintain of network and telecom systems installation and support standards / procedures to be implemented organization wide.
• Coordinate, lead and manage new developments from inception through the implementation specific to IT Infrastructure with the IT projects department by selecting the appropriate mix of skills to ensure complete delivery of new systems to fulfil the project objectives ; This includes scope of work, tender documents, bid evaluation, engineering, construction and commissioning.
• Establish, plan and implement the maintenance of network and telecom systems to ensure it is carried out in accordance with manufacturer recommendations.
Feasibility Study, System Landscape & Availability
• Identify new IT technologies related to network and telecom systems as per business strategy with technical justifications and propose its feasibility and implementation with initial cost estimates for adoption.
• Check all related activities to ensure effective implementation of the technology by liaising with other internal functions to ensure any changes to requirements are addressed and performed within timelines
• Provide technical guidance and input where necessary to inform decision making on issues such as feasibility studies, Security nonconformity for the procurement of new solutions or consultations.