BOR2448 - Senior/Specialist, Communications
Borouge Pte Ltd (Singapore)
Full Time / Permanent
About the Job
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Regional Communications, you are responsible to provide strategic leadership and communication advice to respective organization unit.
You will also understand and identify the organization’s unit specific communication needs, to be translated using the ‘stakeholder wheel’ methodology.
This role is also the single point of contact between Global Communication and the respective organization unit.
- Advises the unit head (SVP/VP) on an ongoing basis on strategic communications issues, addressing the whole Global Communications value chain.
- Diagnoses business needs of the unit through activities such as business plan analysis and identification of stakeholders and target audiences.
- Translates business needs into strategic objectives and communication requirements.
- Details and documents overarching communications strategy for the unit.
Develops unit-level strategic communication plans, detailing the defined objectives, resources, responsibilities and timeframes.
- Secures owners approval on the initiative (=plan) and on budget.
- Takes the lead in executing communication plans and actions involving the right resources from inside Global Communications, the relevant organizational unit(s) and external.
- Evaluates effectiveness and results of unit’s communications.
- Facilitates senior leadership of the unit in the approval and prioritisation of identified communication requirements.
- Integrates Global Communications strategies, frameworks and policies into the organization unit.
Manages unit’s communications budget in collaboration with the unit head.
- Ensures alignment of unit strategies / objectives with Global Communications Centres of Expertise.
- Leverages relevant strategic insight from the Global Communications Centre of Expertise to enhance unit-specific communications.
- Implements crisis and business continuity communications for the organizational unit.
- Takes the initiative in initiating actions.
- Represents the unit in external presence; following company’s guidelines.
- Undergraduate degree; preferably in a communication discipline or role in business specific area.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in the field of communications or SR/Specialist Communications-role specific
- Problem solving & decision making: able to translate business objectives into communication objectives and have confident to take decisions in all relevant areas.
- Insights and business acumen: understand the basics of the specific business area where the SR/Specialist Communications operates.
Strategic thinking: Strategic thinker in the field of communication able to translate business strategy into communications strategy.
- Planning & execution: Project management with strong multi-tasking, execution and drive for results mentality in combination with focus on details