BOR2458 - Senior / System Engineer
Borouge Pte Ltd (Singapore)
Information Technology & Automation
Full Time / Permanent
About the Job
Reporting to the Team Leader, Infrastructure, you will provide efficient and specialized level-2 IT technical support for major infrastructure related complex incidents, requests and problems by providing effective resolutions to guarantee their reliability and availability to maintain the smooth business operations and minimal downtime of the IT services.
- Perform 2nd line support for complex incidents, requests and problems via phone calls, emails, remote and in-person support. You will also provide 1st line support and in those areas as directed by the manager.
- Co-ordinate with registered 3rd party suppliers for the timely resolution of complex incidents and problems reported by 1st line of support.
- Monitor and provide the agreed level of availability for IT services and systems by conducting the periodic monitoring of IT services to fix major incidents and problems within the agreed target response time.
- Identify new IT technologies related information systems as per business strategy with technical justifications and propose its feasibility and implementation with initial cost estimates for adoption.
Draft and subsequently maintain software and hardware installation standards / procedures to be implemented organisation wide.
- Produce all required and necessary documentations related to the day to day support of Systems like Sys architecture diagrams, support manuals etc. on a timely manner to the team leader.
- Mentor/coach junior system engineers to ensure that the right level of support knowledge is transferred to them to aid in the technical support.
- Examine the likelihood of possible security risks that can hamper Borouge systems and to formulate appropriate remedial action to the chances of these risks.
- Establish, plan and implement the maintenance of hardware to ensure it is carried out in accordance with manufacturer recommendations.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum 6-9 years of relevant IT experience in systems supporting active directory, servers, exchange, SAN, Datacenter, Perimeter Systems,
- Virtualization technology, blade technology etc.
- Certification like MCITP, MCTS, and MS Exchange is advantageous
- Awareness on ITIL processes like Incident management and problem management is a must.
- ITIL V3 foundation certification is mandatory.
- Good Knowledge of latest developments in IT infrastructure, services, and best practices.
Knowledge in Networks, Telecom, Data center, Back-up solutions etc.