BOR2550 - Head - International Tax & Special Project
Borouge Pte Ltd (Singapore)
Full Time / Permanent
About the Role:
This role reports to SVP, Corporate Governance. You will be responsible for managing Borouge ADP and PTE overall direct tax and indirect tax issues as well as custom and international trade issues from technical, operational and commercial perspectives.
Tax & Customs Compliance:
- Review overall organization and identify areas with potential impact on Tax and customs compliance
- Set/ update common guidelines for Tax and customs compliance across the organization
- Ensure validity and completeness of guidelines for Tax and customs compliance on an ongoing basis
- Develop/ update policies/ procedures relating to tax and customs matters
- Investigate tax and customs compliance issues as needed and escalate if required
- Provide support and render advice for tax audits in all jurisdictions
- Liaise and work closely with Legal, Finance, tax and customs authorities, as well as external auditors in ensuring compliance to local tax and customs requirements
Tax & Customs Advisory:
- Review requests from stakeholders and provide advice on Tax and customs related matters
- Provide expert advice to senior management on all tax and customs related matter across Borouge ADP & Pte.
- Identify/ participate directly or indirectly in relevant committees/ meetings to proactively identify Tax and customs compliance risk areas
- Provide advice on set-up of international subsidiaries by providing tax and customs related advice
- Review and provide advice thereof business models of existing international subsidiaries
- Represent Borouge ADP & Pte. in all tax and customs related matters while dealing with external governmental and non-governmental agencies
- Close collaboration with Legal, Finance, Supply Chain, Business Units and relevant stakeholders to implement tax and customs strategies
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferably in taxation); Master’s desired
- Minimum 12 years of prior work experience in tax compliance and advisory roles
- Strong project management skills, with experience in defining new guidelines and processes
- Proven track record in managing international tax issues for international accounting/consulting firm or recognized MNC
- Proven knowledge in tax local, regional and international best practices and requirements
- Oil & gas industry experience is desired
- Excellent financial skills
- Strong networking skills
- Well-established computer skills in office productivity software such as Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written (business proficiency in English would be required)
- Strong conceptual and analytical thinking ability
- Highest standards of professional and ethical behavior
Information about Internal Candidates:
- I understand the job scope and meet the requirement for this role.
I have been in my current role for at least 2 years and did not receive any disciplinary warnings for the past 12 months.
- My performance for the past year was "Solid Performer" or above.