The job holder works closely with the Manager in leading the department to drive the agenda for Planning, Budgeting and Reporting team. He/she promotes a strong team spirit, culture of excellence and flexibility of approach, acting as a role model at all times. Strong communicator that is able to persuade and convey messages to management.
The Controller is responsible in leading Planning, Budgeting and Reporting in the preparation of business plan, financial forecast and KPI setting. He/she strengthens financial stewardship by playing an active role in CEO reviews and Owners Workshops. The Controller also plays a key role in supporting various stakeholders to deliver the company’s vision and strategic objectives.
Business Planning and Target Setting
- Review along with Planning, Budgeting and Reporting Manager of Corporate Business Plans (BPL) and Rolling Financial Forecasts (RFF) numbers for ADP & Pte
- Coordination with Controlling, Site Control and Human Resources for feedback on Business Plan timelines for ADP & Pte
- Monitor timetable and deadlines for business plan preparation and completion
- Work closely with the Planning, Budgeting and Reporting Manager for review of financial model and scenario analysis
- Develop new tools for optimizing all planning and performance management activities
- Proactive monitoring and analysis of monthly business/financial results and highlight issues to Budgeting Manager. Proactive corrective actions proposals
- Review of input received from different stakeholders to fulfill information needs of Budgeting and challenge input when necessary
- Release of Business Planning packages to ADNOC for ADP/Pte
- Liaise with Investment process owner, business controllers and budget controllers to ensure data for planning and forecasting processes is delivered timely
- Work with Budgeting team members to manage the resource requirements and workflow management. Prepare corresponding guidelines and timetable.
- Ensure the business is provided with an excellent service from budgeting, with continual quality improvements of all deliverable (in terms of efficiency, accuracy and service levels).
- Manage the coordination and delivery of business planning and budgeting process and ensuring the budgeting team can deliver to the agreed timetable.
- Responsible for the overall staff management, development and motivation, working closely with the manager to ensure consistency across the team.
- Liaise with Borouge Finance community, particularly with controller network working together to share best practices and solve common problems as a business partners
- Review and monitoring the financial model on a regular basis
- Liaise with business, support function controllers and other functions to ensure quality and timely delivery of data for forecasting processes
- Contribute to decide on scenario analysis and data simulation based on Owners and Senior Management requirements
- Manage the overall coordination with business, support function controllers and other functions to ensure data for forecasting processes is delivered timely
- Ensure high standard of regular reviews of performance against budget. Seek out and highlight financial data by providing sensitivity analysis, profit walk, and financial ratios which will help drive profitability improvements by identifying key trends or changes to assist management with strategic decisions.
- Oversee the maintenance and compilation of datasheets and financial reports
- Design and implement relevant financial analysis reports as required by the business on an ad-hoc and ongoing basis
- Drive team in developing and implementing relevant financial analysis and reporting as required by the business on an ad-hoc and ongoing basis.
- Act as a liaison between Finance, BPS and IT to gather and document requirements for further automation of forecasting and reporting initiatives.
Fixed Cost Planning and Analysis
- Review of fixed cost templates for collection of data along with the updated cost element dictionary
- Coordination with different units/functions for collection of fixed cost data
- Review and challenge sessions on fixed cost numbers provided by different departments
- Reports on variance analysis between planned and actual fixed costs, forecasts and business plan numbers
- Overall facilitation for CEO reviews of Fixed Costs and Investments for both ADP and Pte
- Co-ordination with the Support Function Controller on an ongoing basis for review and monitoring of fixed costs
- Review of final Fixed Costs data to be uploaded in SAP
Management Analysis and Deliverable
- Proactive monitoring and analysis of monthly business/financial results and highlight issues to Manager. Proactive corrective actions proposals
- Review of data input for monthly reports, ADNOC questionnaires, economics surveys and other ad-hoc requirements
- Timely submission and review of BAC and Board materials presentation
- Timely submission and review of Quarterly Business Review meetings presentation
- Review and timely submission of business plan templates to Owners
- Review and monitoring of data requests from Business Controlling team
- Review and support on any ad-hoc presentations