The jobholder is responsible for supporting the Manager, Enterprise Risk and Business Continuity, which includes but is not limited to: executing risk management reviews , reporting and facilitating risk workshops, establishing risk mitigation plans together with risk owners and functional risk champions as well as on corporate level tracking, analyzing and reporting the enterprise risk exposure.
Furthermore, the jobholder is required to support business continuity efforts of Borouge by planning and participating business continuity exercises, maintaining and updating business impact analyses together with process owners.
General & Strategic
- To assist the Department Manager in developing and updating standard instructional documents / procedures for the Department and ensure effective discharge of Department’s functions
- To assist Department Manager in developing, organizing and following document control mechanism for the department
- Develop training/ workshop material to assist the Department Manager in conducting trainings and workshops across the organization on various topics relevant for risk assessment and business continuity
- Support the manager in providing risk management inputs about future potential projects
- Answer simple questions from stakeholders about the risk management and business continuity guidelines or specific risks and mitigation plans
- Report, to the manager, risk management and business continuity activities, critical issues, changes in risks and the progress on mitigation activities
Planning & Preparation
- To assist the Department Manager in developing annual Risk management and business continuity review schedule.
- Develops the objective, scope and approach for assigned risk management and business continuity reviews and get it reviewed / approved from Risk manager.
- Prepare the risk management/ business continuity and controls testing programs and checklists.
- Gathers and complies with the requirements of professional standards in identifying risks and determining risk ratings.
- Demonstrate self-drive and seek orientations on work areas requiring more clarity.
- Prepare agendas/presentations and record minutes and decisions of meetings between the risk management and business continuity manager and the department/ function management
- Review timelines, actions and ownership assignments and participate in other actions, as required, to support the process of developing mitigation plans in respective region
Execution of Risk Assurance Management Review
- Support risk champions on Identifying risks resulting from design deficiencies in processes / controls and ensure that they are adequately reported.
- Prepares detailed work-papers of risk management reviews to ensure that evidence has been well documented.
- Support risk champions on Create/ update the risk register and track adherence to standards and process in respective region.
- Collate risks from each department/ function in respective region.
- Support the manager in guiding the process and providing inputs to the categorization and prioritization of risks based on severity and occurrence (risk assessment matrix, etc.)
- Obtains analyses and formulates an objective and independent opinion on the risks, their likelihood and adequacy and effectiveness of mitigating controls.
- Track activities and ownership assignments in mitigation plans and ensure adherence to guidelines in respective region.
- Review / assist implementation of management action plans & verify effective closure of the same.
- Prepare and conduct trainings/awareness for Risk Champions/ Borouge employee on Risk Management Methodology
- Prepare and conduct workshop with Risk Champions of functions / project teams
Execute Business Continuity
- Implement business continuity program, especially by conducting BC exercises, Business Impact Analysis review and ensure Business Continuity Plan review
- Support the development and maintain the BCM programme that addresses BC planning, BC management, BC response and BC recovery processes
- Prepare and conduct trainings/awareness for Business Continuity Champions/Borouge employee on Business Continuity Program
- Prepare and support the manager in the annual review of the BCM programme with the senior management
- Establish and maintain the BC lessons learned process for continual improvement and reporting to business continuity manager
- Review the results of all audits and functional self-assessments and ensure that the BCMS and any relevant standards are being conformed to and complied with
- Participate and contribute by Informing the business continuity manager of any new or changing requirements for BCM, such as new or evolving Codes of Practice at ADNOC and international standards
Risk and business continuity Reviews & Reporting
- Provide reports on a regular basis and as directed or requested by Department Manager to update the information on progress of Risk management to business continuity reviews
- Ensure that as per the departments’ requirements a periodic structured reporting of key risks, risk ratings, mitigation plans, and status of mitigation plans is done.
- Prepares and / or assists in the preparation of formal written risk management reports
- Prepares and / or assists in the preparation of formal written business continuity exercises / lesson learn reporting
- Prepares and / or assists in the preparation of risk universe dashboard
- Prepares and / or assists in the preparation of business continuity dashboard