As part of the Packaging Center of Excellence (PCOE) and reporting directly to the PCOE Head, the jobholder will be responsible for actively scouting for new trends and development in the industry in the field of packaging to deliver more sustainable packaging solutions to support Borouge’s reputation and vision to create solutions that have a positive impact on society today and tomorrow.
The jobholder will be a widely recognised expert in the field of recyclability and circular economy in order to consult internal and external stakeholders on the potential impact of new developments or ideas.
He/she will support Marketing Centre in influencing the external world (e.g. value chain partners and institutions) in the development of technically sound circular economy strategies and in the implementation of recyclability testing protocols.
In collaboration with the Packaging Circular Economy Solution team, he/she will analyse the opportunities to seize business potential and/or ability to create a competitive advantage for Borouge.
- Actively sources new ideas and partners with special focus on new packaging technologies and on sustainability/circular economy.
- Develop competency on recyclates product and recycling processes.
- Link with Borealis, OEMs and recycling industry to anticipate trends and identify opportunities.
- Partner with PCES team to lead assessment of recyclers capabilities.
- Develop recyclates quality control strategy to ensure robust qualification and quality consistency.
- Identify opportunities for technical partnership with recyclers and technology owners.
- Represent Borouge in technical committees on circular economy.
- Link with external labs to execute recyclability assessments.
- Provide technical consultancy to regulatory bodies to set up recyclability criteria.
- Support performance cells in circular projects.
- Attends industry events (conferences, fairs, partner events, etc) and proactively shares insights to the team in concise and effective way to increase team knowledge and awareness on latest developments.
- Supports Marketing Centre to influence external stakeholders by presenting scientifically sound documentation to demonstrate benefits of new ideas.
- Leads strategy development on circular economy principles, recyclability criteria and test protocols.
- Creates and consolidates knowledge and current state-of-the art technologies and best practices from the external world to consult other project teams.