Acts as Company’s technical authority and advisor in the area of Piping Engineering and provides expert services related to the design, construction & commissioning for development of Piping system and facilities associated with Petrochemical and Oil & Gas Companies.
Directs /oversees screening and conceptual designs for the new field developments and projects. Ensures correct and consistent design practices and design philosophies are applied in projects for different project phases.
Ensures safe, economic and technically sound decisions are taken to meet the projects requirements and Company’s business objectives.
- Acts as the technical Advisor in the field of Piping Engineering and provides necessary guidance/advice to the various Asset Teams within Projects & Technical support and other Units/Functions.
- Acts as technical authority in Piping Design & Engineering and responsible for assuring that design is optimum, HSE compliant and meets operational requirements.
- Approve various Reviews Closed out Reports such as Technical studies, Value Engineering, Peer Technical Reviews (PTRs) and ADNOC major projects IPR (Independent Project Review).
- Acts as the technical advisor to Engineering Management on the development of corporate guidelines that involves the Piping Engineering input to Process, Civil & Structural, Static Equipment, Rotating Equipment and Instrumentation packages, including issues such as advice on technical queries through different projects phases up to commissioning and also troubleshooting during operation.
- Participates in various Projects’ design and technical reviews in the different phases of the project (Concept/Pre-FEED/FEED/EPC) to ensure full technical compliance to the Piping Design requirements.
- Initiates, directs and coordinates the standardization of Piping design work, including design basis, specifications and philosophies. Ensures correct and consistent design practices (such as codes, standards and best engineering practices) are applied across various projects in different fields.
- Leads major and critical investigations related to Piping systems and support any major & complex trouble shooting.
- Approves, as technical authority, all deviations with Company Technical Specification (BGS), Procedures and International Standard, as deemed necessary.
- Review and approve of various Reviews Close-out Reports such as HAZOP, HAZID, 3-D Model Review, Value Engineering, Peer Technical Reviews (PTRs) and Project discipline audit.
- Develops, maintains and updates the Company Technical Specifications, Policies and Procedures related to Piping systems.
- Verifies the design integrity requirements for FEED and Detailed Engineering of major or growth projects.
- Supports technically the vendors and suppliers pre-qualification process.
- Supports the development of training programs in line with ADNOC directions and guidelines.