The Sr./ Commercial Analyst, reports to the VP Performance Cell and is responsible for supporting with analysis, insights and recommendations on business improvements on short, mid and long term horizon. He/she accompanies the VP performance Cell in the daily tasks and supports/facilitates the decision making processes with facts & figures and analytics.
Support Performance Cell strategy for volumes/markets under own responsibility, and support annual business planning
- Conduct the analysis and prepare the data for cascading and detailing of strategic plans for MEAE region. Identify future volumes (mid to long term horizon), future value creation, commercial terms, service levels, sales channels and the associated go-to-market plans for each geography and each application within own scope and integrate with overall MEAE strategic plans.
- Support respective business planning activities – participate in workshops and team meetings, write and review sections of business plans and strategy briefs, conduct quality and integrity checks and draft reports on outcomes and progress
- Make recommendations for performance milestones, KPIs and targets to implement the strategic objectives for volumes/markets.
Support day-to-day MEAE business volumes/prices and performance
- Analyse sales value drivers (top-line and bottom-line) and identify improvement levers. Support monthly decision making processes to implement value improvement and monitor progress.
- Support the VP Performance Cell with communication to sales teams in selling out monthly allocated volumes and with the review of sales progress and performance on monthly allocation, value creation, net margin optimization, logistics variable cost optimization and service levels.
- Prepare and consolidate data across all sales areas (geographies, applications, products) for regular reporting.
- Develop pricing & performance data and analysis - collect regional market feedback and review with the VP Performance Cell.
- Support the development and evaluation of customer contract requests and develop recommendations for commercial terms.
- Support Sales in customer contract and price negotiations through financial analysis and recommendations on commercial options
- Support the team to keep and maintain good record of approved business case for tracking and monitoring purpose.
- Facilitate the SAP setup for contract rebate and formula price contract.
- Facilitate upload of the signed commercial contracts onto the database and track and monitor the execution of contract with related analyses.
- Regular follow-up and monitoring to ensure implementation of required actions which are generated from weekly, monthly or quarterly meetings.
- Facilitation of risk management process, aligning with relevant stakeholders within the company.
- Facilitation of SAP user access rights, aligning with relevant stakeholders within the company.
- Other tasks assigned by VP Performance Cell.
Planning and reporting on sales performance and continuous improvement
- Prepare reports and presentations related to sales performance and to the progress on improvement actions
- Analyse and prepare reports on sales across a variety of dimensions, such as but not limited to geography, size, type, sales channel, payment terms, incoterms, point of distribution, transport mode, contractual terms, etc. Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities for sales.
- Support other business initiatives and reporting needs, related to sales for the MEAE region (in close collaboration with other functions).
Support MEAE sales performance improvement
- Support projects and initiatives that drive step-change improvement in sales efficiency and effectiveness (e.g. setup of local sales offices, opening new sales channels, etc.)
- Support a continuous value optimization culture, helping a variety of initiatives on pricing excellence, planning excellence, logistics variable cost optimization and net pocket margin maximization
Act as go-to person and communication channel for day-to-day analysis and feedback related to Performance Cell
- Provide regular insight, data and analysis to VPs, GSMs, Strategy & Performance, and Sales Managers. Act as a focal point for quick turnaround of day-to-day reporting and information requests. Escalate to VP Performance Cell where appropriate for decision making.
Ensure compliance with corporate processes and document control
- Monitor compliance with corporate business processes and advise on improvements/gaps.
- Collect, structure and maintain the portfolio of documents related to corporate processes in areas under the responsibility of the Performance Cell, such as but not limited to: customer contracts, customer action plans (CAP), customer business model (CBM) requests, contracts & business cases, Risk Register, Audit Actions, Indirect Sales Management etc.
- Identify and support document renewals/amendments based on document-specific timelines or pre-defined reviewing cycles as per corporate processes.