BOR3277 - General Sales Manager, Packaging, South China
Borouge Sales & Marketing (Guangzhou) Co., Ltd.
Marketing Center - Packaging
Regional Asia North
China - Guangzhou
Full Time (China Only)
- PP/PE virgin materials: To develop regional sales activities and business relations towards achieving the sales target of packaging materials and gain the sales margins and Value creation by developing customer/applications, promoting Borouge/Borealis solutions to the target applications/market/regions/value chain.
- CES business (including recycle PP/PE, Renewable and Chemical recycle business): Leading the team to develop customers, applications and achieve the annual sales target by exploring the business opportunities including end users/converters and materials sources.
Develop market fact base
- Lead the sales team to develop, propose and deliver agreed sales plan (volume, price, customer and product mix) to optimize customer and product portfolio
- Identify and develop business opportunities to grow performance cell business and profit
- Build value chain network to strengthen Borouge brand image at key decision makers, to influence specifications and to identify new opportunities
- Leading acquisition of new business opportunities by thorough understanding of the value chain and Borouge' competitive position
- Proactively and timely initiate development of differentiated products or product improvements based upon defined customer and market needs, in close co-operation with Global/regional Marketing and Application development team. Interactive with planning team to sell the volume and achieve the business targets.
Design proposition (4Ps)
- Define optimal product mix and implement changes
- Use innovation process to prioritise, select and develop new opportunities
- Secure long term business value through joint project contracts, develop specifications
Set targets and identify actions
- Drive launch of new products/solutions in the market and gain relevant approvals
- Recommend application sales targets (volume, VC and margins)
- Explore and identify emerging market/applications with marketing and AD
- Motivate, coach and develop sales support to ensure high level of performance
- Provide advice on segments, customers and suppliers.
- Takes care of continuous team development
- Build and maintain customer relationships to strengthen the commercial position of Borouge
- Manage activities at major customers to optimize business in alignment with overall strategy
- Seeks to add value to customer relationship, finding out about the underlying needs and matching them to suitable products/services
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Frequent meetings to discuss the regional business plans
- Application development:
Align the product development plan and test arrangement
- Application center and CMP:
For PCR business
As required, to interact about customer financials; credit, collection, etc.
As required, for the follows ups on allocation, forecast optimization, etc.
- Build external network and contacts with key accounts, global accounts and brand owners.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- University degree, preferred with engineering, commercial or management degrees.
- Master degree in business management or Engineering is a plus.
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
- Master in Chinese is a must, master in China mandarin local dialogues would be a big plus eg. Cantonese, Fujian, Hakka, Shanghainese
- Leadership, Team Players, Coaching and Mentoring skills
- Min 7 to 10 years sound China and Asia North market experience in Polyolifins sales, marketing and business development
- Understand AN/China domestic supply-demand and Competition landscape
- Thorough understanding of the structure of the market and the factors that influence demand, profitability and innovations
- Detailed technical and commercial understanding of products and their applications
- Good knowledge of marketing and sales management techniques
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- Good presentation and project management skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools
- Effective interpersonal relationship skills
- Effective coaching and feedback skills
- Sets direction, engages, inspires people
- Strong leadership to align all functions towards complete customer focus, acting as a voice of the customer
- Social competence and empathy
- Strong understanding of polyolefin market dynamics and competitive strategies, especially in the Asia north regions
- Marketing Strategy Development and Implementation
- Leader in building value chain strategy and Values Chain Partner Management