BOR1819 - Senior Legal Officer
Borouge Sales and Marketing (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
China - Shanghai
Full Time (China Only)
About the Job
The job holder is responsible to assisting the Counsel - Legal (AN) by
- providing corporate and commercial legal advice on simple to medium complex matters assigned by the Counsel - Legal (AN) with the aim to protect the organization;
- ensuring that the organization and its business practices comply with laws and regulations within the legal department’s area of responsibility.
- Support in providing corporate and commercial legal advice for projects as required with the aim to mitigate the risk for the Company
- Provide internal support to all corporate and business units in the Asia North region, in particular the supporting functions, i.e. Procurement, HR, Finance, Admin;
- Draft, review and participate in the negotiation of broad range of value routine commercial contracts with customers and suppliers (service agreements, confidentiality agreements, tolling agreements; general services agreements etc.); support the Counsel - Legal (AN) on the drafting, reviewing and negotiating of commercial contracts; Assist in the development of contract templates, proof read translated key legal terms in bilingual documents;
- Assist in management of claims and litigation in AN region: Provide legal support to litigation and dispute management, including but not limited to legal consultation, coordination between external counsels and internal stakeholders, facilitate internal approval procedure, and collection of evidence;
- Provide legal advice and support to Corporate Governance/company secretarial to ensure that:
- the use of corporate chops in the PRC are properly verified and documented in accordance with Chop Management Procedures;
- the corporate permits and licenses issued by PRC government are properly maintained, including but not limited to providing legal support on company filing/registration with relevant authorities;
- Stay abreast of legal developments affecting the company, its clients, and industries and synthesize the information to incorporate it into company’s transactional practices;
- Provide legal training and education to business team;
- Guide peers and other functions through transfer of specialist and technical knowledge.
- University Degree in Law from a Reputable P.R.C. University.
- Post graduate degree is a plus, but not essential.
- PRC Bar exam preferred, but not essential
- Fluent in English, both oral and written
- 2-3 years in a reputable law firm (with a focus on corporate and commercial matters); experience with foreign law firms is a plus
- Ability to work independently in the drafting, reviewing and negotiating of transactional documents and correspondence on a broad range of simple to medium complex transactions
- Good understanding of risk management and commercial practices
- Direct working experience in the petrochemical industry will be an advantage
- Experience in construction law, employment law or regulatory matters will be an advantage, but is not essential.
- Proficient in Microsoft WORD and PPT applications
- Ability to draft contracts and communicate in English and Mandarin
Skills & Attributes
- Teamwork and co-operation
- A good communicator and a good listener
- Ability and willingness to deal with people across a wide range of different cultures
- International and open mindset
- Achievement orientation
- Problem solving and solution oriented
- Business understanding
- Integrity and self-disciplined
- Concern for order and quality
- On-job learning ability
- Strong time management, prioritization and organizational skills
- Ability to apply judgement to broaden influence and provide legal advices to the best interest of the company
- Ability to work in a changing environment and to be flexible in assuming expanded job responsibilities and work overtime when required