The jobholder is responsible to review, estimate and plan manpower requirements, material reservation, equipment and contractor or vendor requirements after discussion correctness of work requests with concerned departments, to develop task lists for corrective, preventive and predictive maintenance, plant shutdowns and turnarounds in order to maintain all plants with available resources at maximum efficiency, minimum cost and reduce down time of plants.
- Check incoming work orders for completeness, and interacts with Operations & execution supervisor to assess job status in the field before finalizing plan.
Determine requirements for resources such as manpower, skills, estimated man hours, required material list, tools and safety considerations in consultation with execution supervisor in order to plan and requisition for the same.
Check the priority of the work order and suggests the priorities to be changed from urgent to normal after analyzing the work. Thus helping in reducing the maintenance cost by reducing unnecessary urgent jobs.
Maintain information on backlog jobs pending due to material unavailability, wait for engineering aspects / vendor and follows up with concerned departments.
- Coordinate with warehouse unit to ensure the availability of all materials (stock items and non-stock items) required reserved/ordered by concerned Disciplines/Sections to execute the major overhaul as per defined timelines and standards.
- Coordinate with various sections of the Maintenance Department, prepare plan/schedule and follow up the Preventive Maintenance for maintenance and modification activities to facilitate timely completion.
- Check the requirements of work orders raised by operation / area maintenance and schedule them as per the resources availability
- Participate in developing alternative ideas to improve the existing planning maintenance procedures and services, and provide inputs and suggestions for the continuous improvement.
- Monitor daily job progress and issue reports whilst recommending plans for further improvement.
- Prepare and review backlog reports and take necessary action to achieve a minimum level of backlog.